James Cook University Brisbane recognises exceptional academic effort by students by offering a scholarship-based Academic Excellence Award system which runs over a three trimester period. Students can first qualify for the Academic Excellence Award recognition after the completion of their first trimester of study. All awards are made in the trimester following the trimester in which the student qualifies.
Students maintaining an average GPA of 6.0 – 6.49 at the end of their fourth trimester, receive a Silver JCUB Campus medal and an official Commendation document signed by Campus Executive.
Those Students who have maintained an average GPA of 6.5 or above at the end of their fourth trimester, receive a Gold Campus Medal and an official Commendation document signed by Campus Executive.
|Student’s trimester||Required GPA range||Scholarship value||Trimester awarded||JCUB Medal & Commendation Letter|
|Second||6.5 & above||$1000||Third||N/A|
|Third||6.5 & above||$1000||Fourth||N/A|
This Academic Excellence Award Scholarship is only available at the Brisbane Campus.
JCU Brisbane reserves the right to limit the number of GPA related Scholarships granted each trimester and to adjust or alter the Academic Excellence Award Scholarship Scheme at any time without notice.
Appendix – Qualifying programs
• Bachelor of Business including all related majors (with or without credits)
• Master of Business Administration (Leadership)
• Master of International Tourism and Hospitality Management
• Master of Professional Accounting
• Master of Information Technology including related majors
• All joint Master degrees as combinations of the above single degrees, including Master of Education / Master of Business Administration
Students will not receive an Academic Excellence Award Scholarship under any one or more of the following circumstances:
• Fail to enrol in a full study load of three (3) subjects minimum in qualifying trimesters.
• Fail to make full payment for ALL enrolled subjects by the advertised fee payment date for each trimester. Fee payment date is advised on the JCU Brisbane website.
• A student is found guilty of Academic Misconduct in any subject (e.g. cheating, plagiarism) or program during the period of their enrolment at JCU Brisbane.
• A student withdraws prior to the completion of their enrolled course
• Students are enrolled in single non award subjects or cross-institutional subjects.
JCU Brisbane may sometimes offer Bursaries to students enrolled in a full degree program. All Bursaries will only be paid into a student’s JCU Tuition Fee Account against their outstanding balance.
- Failure to make full payment for ALL enrolled subjects by the appointed Tuition Fee Payment date for each trimester. Tuition Fee Payment date is usually two weeks after the commencement of lectures
- Failure to maintain an overall course GPA of 4.0 and above
- Withdrawal from your nominated course (as per the course listed on your Bursary Letter)
- Transfer from your nominated course (as per the course listed on your Bursary Letter) to another program
- Transfer to another JCU campus
- if the student is not enrolled in a full degree program at JCU Brisbane
- if the student is found guilty of Academic Misconduct in any subject eg. cheating, plagiarism
- if the student is
– sponsored (other than JCU Brisbane sponsored)
– on any other type of scholarship program or
– on an exchange program
Appendix – Qualifying programs
- Bachelor of Business including all related majors (with or without credits)
- Master of Business Administration (Leadership)
- Master of International Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Information Technology including related majors
- All joint Master degrees as combinations of the above single degrees, including Master of Education / Master of Business Administration
Note: Students enrolled in single non award subjects or cross-institutional subjects are ineligible.
Full Bursary payments are deposited into the Student’s Tuition Fee Account in their fourth (4th) Trimester of study.
James Cook University Brisbane reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.