Bachelor of Business, majoring in Management
JCU’s Bachelor of Business (B Bus) provides the solid foundations needed for a prosperous business career in a modern organisation. Upon graduating, students can apply the problem-solving and critical thinking skills that are valued in today’s business world. The Bachelor of Business is JCU Brisbane’s most flexible degree. Once the foundation is set with the core business subjects, students are then able to construct a personalised business degree to suit their chosen profession.
Management roles are essential within all organisations. This major can be used as a launching pad for successful careers in business, government, and/or non-government sector management. Topics include; operations management, organisational behavior, managing people, project management, management accounting for non-accountants, management and leadership, and strategic entrepreneurship. For enhanced expertise, students may combine Management with a second major such as International Business or Hospitality and Tourism Management.
JCU B Bus students are employer preferred for their ability to communicate professionally, make ethical business decisions and work in a global environment. With our focus on work integrated learning, a JCU B Bus degree will develop a student’s personal and professional skills.
The Leading To Work Program is a feature of the Bachelor of Business course at JCU Brisbane.
CRICOS Code 026830C
The Bachelor of Business comprises of 24 subjects in total. Students must nominate one of the Business Majors available when first making application for admission.
The program of 24 subjects is made up of:
- Core [Eight (8) subjects] +
- Major [Eight (8) subjects] +
- Electives [Eight (8) subjects], with the exception of Bachelor of Business (Accounting).
- BU1002 Accounting for Decision Making
- BU1003 Economics for Sustainable Business
- BU1007 Business Data Analysis and Interpretation
- BU1104 Business, Environment and Society in the Tropics
- BU1105 Contemporary Business Communications
- BU1108 Managing Consumer Markets
- BU1112 Business Law
- BU3101 Professional Internship
- BU3102 Multi-Disciplinary Project
- BU3103 Independent Project
Management Major Subjects
- BX2051 Managing People
- BX2062 Operations Management
- BX2077 Project Management
- BX2174 Research and Decision Making for Business
- BX3171 Organisational Behaviour
- BX3172 Management Accounting for Non-Accountants
- BX3173 Strategic Entrepreneurship
- BX3174 Management and Leadership
Standard Trimester: 8 (2.5 Years)
Subject Total: 24
Fee per Subject (2019): $3,675
Total Course Fee (2019): $88,200
English Entry Requirements
IELTS: 6.0 (no sub-score below 6.0)
PEARSON (PTE Academic): 57
TOEFL ibt: 79 (minimum writing score of 19)
TOEFL Paper: 550+ (minimum test of written English score 4.0)
Cambridge: FCE(Grade A, score 80+), CAE (Grade C, score 52+)
CEFR Level: B2/C1
When graduating from JCU Brisbane with a B Bus, students will be exposed to an exciting career scope. As a B Bus graduate, you will be prepared to work in a variety of settings – from small business and community organisations to multinational companies and large scale industries.
Potential Career Options
- Foreign affairs and trade
- International and regional operations
- Import and export
- International marketing and sales
- Federal and State Government Departments
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Business consultancies
- Small and medium-sized enterprises
- Your own business