Bachelor of Business, majoring in International Business
JCU’s Bachelor of Business (B Bus) provides the solid foundations needed for a prosperous business career in a modern organisation. Upon graduating, students can apply the problem-solving and critical thinking skills that are valued in today’s business world. The Bachelor of Business is JCU Brisbane’s most flexible degree. Once the foundation is set with the core business subjects, students are then able to construct a personalised business degree to suit their chosen profession.
International business is a rapidly growing area of study that deals with the development, strategy, and management of multinational enterprises in the global context and the dynamic international business environment. The course includes subjects in cross-cultural management, international business, multinational business finance, business negotiations, operations management, business research and international marketing. For enhanced knowledge and skills students should consider combining this field of study with a second business major such as Management, or Hospitality & Tourism Management.
JCU B Bus students are employer preferred for their ability to communicate professionally, make ethical business decisions and work in a global environment. With our focus on work integrated learning, a JCU B Bus degree will develop a student’s personal and professional skills.
The Leading To Work Program is a feature of the Bachelor of Business course at JCU Brisbane.
CRICOS Course Code: 026830C
The Bachelor of Business comprises of 24 subjects in total. Students must nominate one of the Business Majors available when first making application for admission.
The program of 24 subjects is made up of:
- Core [Eight (8) subjects] +
- Major [Eight (8) subjects] +
- Electives [Eight (8) subjects]
- BU1002 Accounting for Decision Making
- BU1003 Principles of Economics
- BU1007 Principles of Data Analysis for Business
- BU1104 Introduction to Management Concepts and Application
- BU1105 Business Communication
- BU1108 Marketing Matters
- BU1112 Business Law
- BU3101 Professional Internship
- BU3102 Multi-Disciplinary Project
- BU3103 Independent Project
International Business Major Subjects
- BX2014 Principles of Finance
- BX2061 Business Negotiation
- BX2062 Operations Management
- BX2174 Evidence-Based Business Decision-Making
- BX3173 Innovation Driven Entrepreneurship
- BX3152 Managing a Global Workforce
- BX3061 International Business
- BX3082 International Marketing in the Global Village
When graduating from JCU Brisbane with a B Bus, students will be exposed to an exciting career scope. As a B Bus graduate, you will be prepared to work in a variety of settings – from small business and community organisations to multinational companies and large scale industries.
Potential Career Options
- Foreign affairs and trade
- International and regional operations
- Import and export
- International marketing and sales
- Federal and State Government Departments
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Business consultancies
- Small and medium-sized enterprises
- Your own business