Bachelor of Business, majoring in Hospitality & Tourism Management
JCU’s Bachelor of Business (B Bus) provides the solid foundations needed for a prosperous business career in a modern organisation. Upon graduating, students can apply the problem-solving and critical thinking skills that are valued in today’s business world. The Bachelor of Business is JCU Brisbane’s most flexible degree. Once the foundation is set with the core business subjects, students are then able to construct a personalised business degree to suit their chosen profession.
The Hospitality and Tourism Management major covers fundamental principles underpinning management in the tourism and hospitality sectors and more specifically addresses issues encountered in the hospitality operations sphere, club and gaming management, and conference and event management environments. Students are encouraged to enhance their expertise with a second major such as Management or International Business.
JCU B Bus students are employer preferred for their ability to communicate professionally, make ethical business decisions and work in a global environment. With our focus on work integrated learning, a JCU B Bus degree will develop a student’s personal and professional skills.
The Leading To Work Program is a feature of the Bachelor of Business course at JCU Brisbane.
CRICOS Code 026830C
The Bachelor of Business comprises of 24 subjects in total. Students must nominate one of the Business Majors available when first making application for admission.
The program of 24 subjects is made up of:
- Core [Eight (8) subjects] +
- Major [Eight (8) subjects] +
- Electives [Eight (8) subjects], with the exception of Bachelor of Business (Accounting).
- BU1002 Accounting for Decision Making
- BU1003 Economics for Sustainable Business
- BU1007 Business Data Analysis and Interpretation
- BU1104 Business, Environment and Society in the Tropics
- BU1105 Contemporary Business Communications
- BU1108 Managing Consumer Markets
- BU1112 Business Law
- BU3101 Professional Internship
- BU3102 Multi-Disciplinary Project
- BU3103 Independent Project
Hospitality & Tourism Management Major Subjects
- BX2091 Tourism and Leisure Management
- BX2094 Conference and Events Management
- BX2174 Research and Decision Making for Business
- BX2195 Hospitality, Cultures and People
- BX3095 Visitor and Crowd Behaviour Management
- BX3096 Club and Gaming Management
- BX3193 Hospitality Operations Management
- BX3194 Destination Management and Planning
Standard Trimester: 8 (2.5 Years)
Subject Total: 24
Fee per Subject (2019): $3,675
Total Course Fee (2019): $88,200
English Entry Requirements
IELTS: 6.0 (no sub-score below 6.0)
PEARSON (PTE Academic): 57
TOEFL ibt: 79 (minimum writing score of 19)
TOEFL Paper: 550+ (minimum test of written English score 4.0)
Cambridge: FCE(Grade A, score 80+), CAE (Grade C, score 52+)
CEFR Level: B2/C1
When graduating from JCU Brisbane with a B Bus, students will be exposed to an exciting career scope. As a B Bus graduate, you will be prepared to work in a variety of settings – from small business and community organisations to multinational companies and large scale industries.
Potential Career Options
- Foreign affairs and trade
- International and regional operations
- Import and export
- International marketing and sales
- Federal and State Government Departments
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Business consultancies
- Small and medium-sized enterprises
- Your own business