The JCU Brisbane Master of Business Administration is designed for high-potential executives seeking to transform their careers and broaden their management perspective.
The program allows entry for professionals without an undergrad degree, recognising real-world experience through a formal assessment process. This program will expand your existing skills and provide you with practical knowledge to immediately apply to your business.
With innovative assessments with practical, real-world applications, you will have the opportunity to network and learn alongside other professional managers through a mix of face-to-face and online delivery.
The MBA is made up of 8 core subjects (5 mandatory and 3 options) and 4 elective subjects as outlined below:
- LB5202 Marketing Essentials
- LB5205 People in Organisations
- LB5212 Accounting and Finance for Managers
- LB5228 The Changing Business Environment or LB5236 International Political Economy
- LB5235 Applied Research Project
Options: Choose 3 from:
- LB5229 Economics for a Sustainable World
- LB5230 Managing Strategic Resources and Operations
- LB5231 Corporate Responsibility and Governance
- LB5233 Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Select two level 5 subjects with a prefix of LB, CO, CP, EC, PL or TO (subject to prerequisite constraints).
- Select any two level 5 subjects.
Master of Business Administration (12 Subject) – Estimated annual tuition fee: $27,880.00
Master of Business Administration for non-Australian Residents: $49,080
Master of Business Administration (Leadership) for non-Australian Residents: $65,440 – to view this course, please click here
Fee-help is available for applicants who are citizens or permanent residents.
The following course pre-requisites have been designed to ensure the assumed base introductory knowledge within the Accounting, Marketing and Management disciplines.
- Completion of an AQF level 7 bachelor degree in a cognate* discipline from this or another university; or
- Completion of an AQF level 7 bachelor degree in any discipline from this or another university and two years business experience in a managerial role**; or
- completion of an AQF level 8 honours degree in any discipline from this or another university; or
- completion of an AQF level 8 Graduate Certificate in Business Administration from this or another university; or
- four years business experience in a managerial role**, to the satisfaction of the Course Coordinator; or
- Other qualifications or practical experience recognised by the Dean, College of Business Law and Governance as equivalent to the above.
*Cognate disciplines: Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Management, Commerce, HRM, Economics, Tourism and Hospitality or other disciplines where students will have completed study relating to organisational behaviour, business, strategy, marketing, economics, communication and people management.
**Business experience: Applicants must have a minimum of 4 years full-time equivalent professional work experience in a management, leadership or supervisory level in a business environment or be eligible for a member grade status of a relevant professional organisation. Students will have demonstrable effective management experience relating to organisational behaviour, business, strategy, accounting, marketing, economics, communication and people management.
Minimum English language proficiency requirements
Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of Band 2 – Schedule II of the JCU Admissions Policy or have successfully completed an AQF 8 qualification from James Cook University within the previous two (2) years.
JCU Master of Business Administration graduates have outstanding leadership skills and are sought-after in a wide range of industries.
Graduates pursue careers in various areas including economics, finance, human resource management, marketing, accounting, business law, and information technology.
You could work as a management consultant, marketing manager, market research analyst, investment banker, operations manager, financial advisor, conflict resolution specialist, mediator, arbitrator, or conciliator.
Graduates who qualify with a major in Conflict Management and Resolution may be eligible for membership with the Australian National Mediator Accreditation System and Conflict Coaching International.