JCU Brisbane students are automatically registered as members of the Resource Centre. As a student member of the Resource Centre you must:
- Comply with JCU Brisbane borrowing conditions and policies
- Use your current student ID card to borrow resources
- Not borrow for others or use anyone else’s ID card to borrow
You can borrow a maximum of 8 books at a time. Lending times are as follows:
|Prescribed Text Books||General Collection||Reference Collection||MacBook Air Laptops*||Locker Keys|
|4 day loan + 1 renewal||7 day loan + 1 renewal||2 hour loan (in-library use) no renewals||5 hour loan (on-campus use) no renewals||1 day loan|
Note: All laptops, Reference Collection books and locker keys must be returned to staff at least 30 minutes before closing.
*Students will need to complete a Loan Agreement and Credit Card Authorisation Form (to value of $100.00) before borrowing laptops. Laptops cannot be taken outside the JCU Brisbane building.
Prescribed and General Collection textbook loans can be renewed (extended) once only. You cannot renew a loan which is on reserve or more than 1 day late.
- Authorised Resource Centre Users may reserve library items by phone or email, online or in person
- A maximum of 3 reservations is permitted at any one time
- Resource Centre users will be notified via email when their item/s are ready for collection
- Reserved items will be returned to the shelves if not collected by 6:00pm on the day following notification to the Resource Centre User
Overdue books will attract demerit point penalties:
|Prescribed Textbooks||10 points per day|
|General Collection||2 points per day|
|Reference Collection||5 points per loan|
|Locker keys||5 points per day|
|MacBook Air Laptop||50 points per day|
Your borrowing rights will be suspended when:
- You have reached a penalty limit of 50 points or more.
- Prescribed text books are 5 days overdue
- General Collection items are 14 days overdue
Note: You are personally responsible for all items borrowed from the Resource Centre. Please contact us if you have lost or damaged an item.