Use the Library Catalogue to:
- find copies of your Prescribed textbooks
- find general textbooks that will help you understand your subjects
- find useful websites and web documents relevant to your assignment topics
- find PDF versions of selected book chapters
- to search for your textbooks
- to see a list of your current loans
- to renew your loans
- to reserve a book
When you first arrive at JCU Brisbane your library login details will be as follows:
- Username: your student ID number
- Password: your Date of Birth in 7 or 8 digits (e.g. 20031992 [for 20th March 1992] or 03031992 [for 3rd March 1992])
- After you login to Infiniti, click on the Search button in the left side menu.
- Enter your search keywords into the search field. You can search by:
- Your subject code – this is the quickest way to find a textbook
- Your subject name
- The title of a book
- The author of a book
- The subject of a book
- Click on the title of the book in the Search Results list to see the complete book details.
- Look for the Call Number. Books are filed in Call number order on the library shelves.
- The library catalogue includes ebook versions of some textbooks as well as general textbooks, websites and online PDF articles which have been chosen to help you research particular assignment questions.
- Look for titles in the catalogue which are described as an [Electronic resource]
- Students can access ebooks through the Library Catalogue or through the Online Resources (One Search) search page.
- You can Reserve a book online yourself. Just click on the tickagainst the book title in the Search Results list.
- You will receive an email when the book is ready for you to collect. The email will tell you how long the book will be held for you.
Cancel a Reservation
- Go to My Current Reservations and click on the orange-coloured button at the end of the listed reserve.
You can renew or extend your library loans:
- Login to Infiniti (library catalogue)
- Select the My Current Reservations link from the top right-hand corner of the screen
- Then select the Current Loans tab
- Click the blue Renew button against the title you wish to renew
- You can also view your current loans by clicking on the My Lists button in the top-right corner and then selecting the My Details tab.
- by phone – Call us on 07 3001 7813
- or by email to email@example.com
Always contact the library if you are unable to return your library books by the due date. We may be able to renew or extend the due date of your loan.
Overdue library books will attract overdue penalty points as follows:
Your borrowing privileges will be suspended when:
- Prescribed texts are 5 days overdue
- General Collection items are 14 days overdue
- You have reached a penalty limit of 50 points or more
To change your library password:
- Click on your name on the top right of the Infiniti (Library Catalogue) screen and select My Account.
- Click on the Change Password tab and enter your new password details.
If you forget your password you can create a new one:
- Click on the Forgot Password? link on the Infiniti home page and follow the on-screen instructions.